A radiology information system (RIS) is a networked software system for managing medical imagery and associated data. A RIS is especially useful for tracking radiology imaging orders and billing information, and is often used in conjunction with PACS and VNAs to manage image archives, record-keeping and billing.
A RIS has several basic functions:
A RIS can track a patient’s entire workflow within the radiology department; radiology providers can add images and reports to EHRs, where they can be retrieved and viewed by authorized radiology staff.
The RIS allows staff to make appointments for both inpatients and outpatients.
Using a RIS system, providers can track a patient’s entire radiology history from admission to discharge and coordinate the history with past, present and future appointments.
A RIS can generate statistical reports for a single patient, group of patients or particular procedures.
Traditionally, radiology providers use RIS to track individual films and their associated data. But as EHRs have become standard across the healthcare industry and digitized images and PACS have been widely adopted, radiology departments and their RIS-PACS systems have been more drawn into the clinical workflow of the entire medical enterprise.
RIS systems provide detailed financial record-keeping and process electronic payments and automated claims, though these functions are becoming incorporated into medical organizations’ overall EHR systems.
Are you finding it difficult to manage medical imagery and related data, track radiology imaging orders, store billing information, etc.? Are you falling short of resources to provide you with an effective radiology information system for your organization? Then, the best option for you would be to outsource radiology information system services to an experienced service provider.
Our radiology information system solutions are ICD-10 compliant and can help you efficiently manage, store, and distribute patient information while lowering the total cost of ownership and enhancing performance. By supporting your workflows and your business-critical systems with our efficient electronic health record systems, we ensure that the end-user has access to relevant information, as and when they need it; whether it is on their workstation or their mobiles phones.
Expert Radiology Information System Services
Our RIS services are ideal for both Single and multi-location diagnostic and radiology centers. Our RIS platform is built from the ground up to seamlessly integrate with your Billing, HIS, EMR, and PACS systems in the form of a highly configurable application which suits your workflow requirements.
Some of the functions of our radiology information system include –
- Patient Management – Our RIS can track every individual patient’s workflow throughout your radiology department. Diagnostic images and reports which are added to the electronic health system can also be easily retrieved and viewed by the authorized staff.
- Appointment Scheduling – Our RIS system can easily help you make appointments for both inpatients and outpatients and track the same on a department-wide basis.
- Results Reporting – Our system can easily generate statistical and historical reports for a single patient, a group of patients, or based on particular procedures as and when required.
- Patient Tracking – Every healthcare provider faces immense difficulty in accurately tracking their patients. With our RIS software though, this task becomes much easier as radiologists can track a patient’s entire imaging history right from admission to discharge and even re-admission easily.
- Image Tracking – Traditionally, Radiology providers have faced a lot of trouble while tracking individual images and their associated patient data. With the help of our high-tech RIS system though, not only can you track batch files and individual images easily, but also suitably integrate with your PACs system for easy management.
- Billing – With our help, you can gain access to detailed financial-record keeping abilities and process all electronic payments which are then duly categorized as well as automate claims.
- Workflow Optimization – Our system offers increased reliability and flexibility with the help of its service-oriented architecture and includes an easy-to-use toolkit for making immediate local configurations. This ensures your workflow always enjoys top priority, and the efficiency levels remain high.
Benefits of Using Expert RIS
There are many inherent benefits of RIS, more so in this day and age where intense competition between separate businesses is the norm and technology adoption is the only way to gain better customer loyalty and support. Some of the benefits include –
- With the help of our RIS, your radiologists can prepare an accurate diagnosis and achieve better health outcomes by receiving a complete overview of a patient’s medical history. Not only can they diagnose conditions sooner, but also reduce medication conflicts and errors with our holistic approach towards radiological patient care
- Storing all patient and checkup history in a single location, which can then be accessed from anywhere can help your staff coordinate better when it comes to patient care. We help reduce fragmentation and create a smoother transition between various departments in order to ensure better efficiency
- Our RIS provides instant and complete access to patient records while enabling real-time reporting and interfacing with other providers for better decision support. Even patients benefit from our RIS services by receiving reliable reminders and point-of-care information, as and when required
- Our RIS software reduces paperwork, clutter, and the need for manual entry and follow-ups. If required we can also enable electronic submission of prescriptions from the pharmacy
- With the help of Expert Radiology Information System, you can also raise your efficiency levels while saving big on associated costs
- Our integrated, scalable approach helps to streamline your radiology workflows while providing you with a modular and easy-to-use interface which can assist in your organization’s growth
Why Choose Expert Solutions for Radiology Information Systems?
Expert RIS software integrates with your radiology workflows and automates your patient’s diagnostic journey right from the admission to discharge. Since it is delivered as a web-based SaaS model, the benefits of our radiology information system are accessible from anywhere and adapt to the needs of multi-site enterprises. The key differentiators of our RIS services include –
- 100% ICD-10 compliant RIS software
- Ability to engage patients with a community-based reporting method
- Ability to engage referring physicians for holistic diagnosis protocols
- Support for healthcare practices both large, small, and independent
- Fully configurable software and work queues
- Advanced scheduling features
- Voice recognition features for accelerated radiology reporting and improved productivity
- Established community of clients and reports database for easy cross-checking
- Pay-as-you-go model ensures enhanced cost savings
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 ISMS certified organization
- HIPAA compliant services
- Dedicated project manager for all your needs
- Easily scalable services as and when the clients need it
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Quick turnaround time through multiple delivery centers